Creating a fresh page here – Nutrition
What makes an outstanding T.A.?
An outstanding Teaching Assistant can make all the difference to pupils’ progress. But sometimes it’s hard to know how to best assist in an ever-changing classroom environment, as well as how to balance the hundred-and-one tasks that a T.A. is called on to perform.
The role of T.A. is fraught with difficulties: Teachers can be hard to catch up with and liaise with in school, meaning that sometimes a T.A. does not have a clear idea of what pupils are supposed to be doing. Oftentimes, pupils will expect a T.A. to do all the work for them.
This course will provide practical strategies for T.A.s to:
- Assist with in-lesson assessment and feedback
- Assist with differentiation in a lesson
- Support collaborative work
- Run effective intervention sessions with small groups and individuals
- Help struggling learners to access difficult reading or writing tasks
- Motivate reluctant learners
- Deal with challenging behaviour
- Design invaluable resources
- Enhance progress for EAL learners
- Take helpful “in-lesson notes” and keep useful records of intervention
- Communicate effectively with the teacher and support planning
- Help develop pupils’ initiative and self-reliance
- Find the “key” to learning for hard-to-reach pupils
- Use effective questioning
Strategies will be realistic and useable by delegates the very next day in subjects across the curriculum and with the different Key Stages.
The WRAP training was clear, enjoyed the videos and is delivered at a pace which allowed me to absorb information well and motivated to learn further. Roger is a great effective trainer who is passionate about others wellness and recovery, and upbeat. Great course and great trainer who is passionate about learning. G.D.
The course will not only change my life, but it has also enabled me to make some very good friends. You were excellent! - L.J.
Really enjoyable 2 days. Was not sure what to expect. Found it invaluable. Intend to introduce to colleagues and hope it will be seen as a valuable tool at work and for all in general. - P.M.
Thank you for the course at the weekend. I've taken so much away from it and think I'll be aware of even more benefits as time goes by.........it was a real inspiration. - I.T.
I found the course well thought out and very instructive. I am quite certain that I will find what I learned enormously useful in the future. You have a most effective tutorial talent. - R.M.
INSET for Primary, Secondary, Teachers, T.A.s and Leaders!
We are always happy to tailor Teaching and Learning CPD to the needs of your school. Your school doesn’t get a “One Size Fits All” package PowerPoint – your school receives a bespoke training event, built and delivered to meet the current focuses of your School Improvement Plan. We are happy to talk in depth with you about the needs and interests of your staff and pupils.
Below are some of the most popular CPD focuses for schools at the moment. We are also happy to blend a number of these concepts into a whole day event.